[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fwd: Finnish Broadcasting Company is monitoring its employees
- To: "Mailingliste FITUG-debate" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Fwd: Finnish Broadcasting Company is monitoring its employees
- From: "Gunnar Anzinger" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 96 17:03:06 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Priority: Normal
- Reply-To: "Gunnar Anzinger" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE==================
From: Sami.Kuusela@tothepoint.fi (Sami Kuusela)
Subject: Finnish Broadcasting Company is monitoring its employees
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 19:45:14 +0200
Finnish Broadcasting Company is monitoring its employees
For a while finnish, goverment-owned Broadcasting Company has been
monitoring its employees internet-actions. Monitoring has been done
secretly. Finnish Br. C. is taking care of most of the national tv- and
radiochannels and is trusted to be the most reliable source of information
in Finland. That is before it was found to be monitoring itīs own
The monitoring is done by leaving digital traps to "suspicious"
internet-addresses (mainly porno). When somebody visits these sites,
information of the visitor is quietly added to the list of the
system-operator. Then the operator compares the list of the people using
intrenet a lot to the list of visitors in "forbidden" places. Two people
have allready been caught.
Journalistic sources in Finland are protected by law and this kind of
monitoring is naturally a violation against that.
===================END FORWARDED MESSAGE===================